Live In Care
The Care Collection’s live in care service provides a life-enhancing alternative to a care home. Enabling clients throughout West Yorkshire to continue to enjoy life and independence at home. We provide highly trained carers on hand day and night.
Our live-in care services include companionship, domestic support and personal care. We also provide complex support for people with conditions such as Dementia, Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis and brain & spinal injuries.
Unlike many live-in care providers, The Care Collection provides a local managed service. Our service is monitored and quality assured by our office in Kirklees. This includes our Kirklees-based management team regularly visiting our clients to ensure they are happy and comfortable at home.
One of our clients describes live-in care as:
The support I require to continue to live the life I choose. Whether it be getting up and going to bed when I choose, eating what I want and socialising with friends.
What is live in care?
Given the choice, many of us would choose to remain within our homes whilst receiving support. Live in care makes this possible by providing a full-time, one-to-one care. Live in care is great alternative to moving into a care or nursing home. With live in care you have dedicated care from a highly trained carer who lives in your home 24/7. The carer can help with a wide variety of tasks including:
- Personal care, including washing, dressing and toilet assistance
- Domestic support, including food shopping, cooking, cleaning and managing post and bills
- Companionship, including assistance with attending social events
- Promoting and administering medication
- Specialist care for complex medical conditions
- Mobility and safety
- Running errands
- Pet care
- Property maintenance
What are the benefits of live-in care?
- A high quality of life
- It enables our clients to retain their independence and freedom. They have a choice to live life the way they want and remain connected to their local community.
- Ability to remain in familiar surroundings
- It enables our clients to remain in the familiar surroundings of their own home close to friends and family. They can also keep much-loved pets which are usually not permitted in care homes.
- Ability to maintain an active social life
- It enables our clients to maintain their interests and hobbies and continue their usual social activities in the community.
- Numerous health benefits
- Live in care has been shown to have a positive impact on overall well-being. It has proven health benefits such as a reduction in falls and accidents.
- Continuity of care
- As the care is delivered by the same people each week it ensures a greater level of understanding and companionship.
- Dedicated care
- Our live in carers have time to provide one-to-one dedicated care. They are not restricted by how much time they have for each resident. This extra attention means a higher level of care is delivered.
- Peace of mind
- Having someone on hand round the clock provides peace of mind for our clients and their families.
- Family input
- Having a dedicated carer allows family members to be included in their loved ones care plans. Carers will keep the family up-to-date with any changes that may be required.
- A more cost-effective option
- It can be significantly cheaper than both residential care and residential nursing homes. The level of care and attention that is delivered is much better when considering the cost. It is particularly economical for couples who would otherwise be required to pay for two beds in a care home.
Why choose The Care Collection?
- We are a locally owned and managed company founded on over 20 years of personal experience. We are not an introductory agency or franchise.
- Our live-in care service is managed, monitored and quality controlled from our office in Kirklees. Our Director of Care personally visits clients to ensure they are happy and comfortable at home.
- We provide a highly bespoke service
- Our care plans are developed around the preferences of each client. These are regularly monitored and adapted as required by our Director of Care. Our personal matching service based on background, hobbies and interests ensures our clients and carers form close and long-lasting relationships.
- Our carers are employed directly by us
- Our carers are directly employed and managed by us. This guarantees a consistent service and means that our clients do not have to take responsibility for organising carers. Our clients aren’t responsible salaries, expenses, insurance and annual leave as is the case with an introductory agency.
- Our carers are handpicked and highly trained to deliver exceptional care
- Only the very best carers are chosen to join our team. Prior to starting at The Care Collection carers undergo a highly developed training programme. We then invest in their ongoing professional development. Our carers are required to regularly attend our office in Kirklees to complete additional training and supervisions.
- We ensure smooth and robust handovers
- The day before your carer goes on leave, the other carer arrives at the clients home for a comprehensive handover.
- We provide guaranteed cover
- If a carer is sick, we have the depth of resources to immediately supply a fully trained alternative person. This means our clients will next be without care.
- We cover Calderdale, Wakefield and Kirklees
- Our carers are able to provide live in home care in Kirklees, Wakefield and across Calderdale.