We are fully operational and taking extra precautions to protect Clients and Carers during the coronavirus pandemic. We continue to support existing Clients and have capacity to take on new Clients during this uncertain time.
To ensure we operate our service safely, we have taken robust measures in accordance with guidance from experts. This includes ensuring all Carers wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when visiting Clients.
We are here to support you during the coronavirus pandemic
We continue to provide our Clients with the same high levels of care during the pandemic. Our office remains open and is operating as normal, however we have implemented a number of extra precautions. If you require further information about care for yourself or a loved one, or wish to discuss in more detail the steps we are taking to ensure we keep our Clients and Carers safe, please call the office and we would be happy to provide further details.
We are taking extra measures to protect Clients and Carers
Our priority is to ensure we can continue to safely deliver home care for our Clients during the COVID-19 outbreak.
We are following the latest advice from the Government, the NHS and the National Institute for Health Protection and are also in communication with the Care Quality Commission, the United Kingdom Home Care Association and local authorities to ensure we continue to receive adequate guidance.
A number of our Clients are at higher risk of coronavirus during to their age. To ensure we protect the health and safety of our Clients and Carers, we have implemented the following measures in line with those recommended by the National Institute for Health Protection, the Government and the NHS:
- Carers will wash their hands for 20 seconds upon arrival, throughout and on leaving every Client’s home.
- Carers will use a hand sanitiser if washing facilities are not available.
- Carers will wear PPE for the duration of the visit.
- PPE will be disposed of by the Carer at the end of the visit.
- Carers will not shake hands with anyone, anywhere, and avoid hugging or being close to anyone aside from the immediate family members they live with.
- Carers will wash their work clothing daily to reduce the risk of infection.
- Carers will, where possible, stay two metres away from Clients, family members or other Carers and medical professionals.
- Carers will refrain from touching their face, nose and eyes.
- Carers will clean working surfaces as often as possible during their visit with anti-bacterial solution.
Further information about COVID-19
You may find the below links helpful for further advice and information:
The UK’s coronavirus action plan
The latest number of coronavirus cases and risk level in the UK
Advice from the World Health Organisation
FAQ on coronavirus and COVID-19 from WHO
Guidance for health professionals and other organisations
Public Health England guidance for health professionals
Easy read guidance on COVID-19
Age UK information about COVID-19
NHS advice and guidance on Coronavirus